Coffee filters .... I couldn't believe all the things you can use these for. You can buy them at the dollar store and save lots of $$$.
I haven't tried all of these but have tried many and it really works.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome... Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
5. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
6. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
7. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
8. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
9. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
10. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
11. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
12. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. It soaks out all the grease.
13. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."
14. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
15. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
16. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
17. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
18. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
19. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies.. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
20. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
21. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
22. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
23. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book.
24. Use as a disposable "snack bowl" for popcorn, chips, etc.
What tips do you have using coffee filters?
All these great ideas. I'm amazed at the resourcefulness and creativity of people....can't wait to try!
have to print this, so many great ideas and I know I'll forget some if I don't print and post inside my cabinet!
You can also use them to blot oil off your face throughout the day!
Love 10, 2, and 24. Can't wait to try #1. They do make adorable butterflies if you color the entire filter with marker and spray them with water. Gather them in the middle and clamp with a wooden clothespin and wrap black pipe cleaner around the top.The cutest fridge magnets and kids love making them!
I've seen beautiful (and very inexpensive!) wreaths made from them.
if you have children they make great crafts. one is to water color and make a butterfly with it or to make flowers.
Great ideas! So many that I never would have thought of. Wax strips. Awesome.
have been doing the upside down coffee filter in the microwave for yours. it works perfect. love the other ideas too.
!) wrap small gifts in them just tie with pretty ribbon you can also dye them with food coloring for a pretty wrapper . 2) wrap snacks for your kids lunch in them such as cookies or gold fish crackers less expensive than a zip bag or than buying small per packed snacks
I love #8 and #19! I'm all about less cleaning ;-}
Who knew there were so many uses! This is a good read.
are you kidding? this is crazy! We use the cone ones but I always want to buy the regular style from the dollar store
I love #10! What a great idea with summer around the corner?! My kids are always making a huge mess with popsicles. I will definitely try that one.