#FreshWorksFreshness Facebook Live Greek Salad Recipe!
On May 31st Vera Sweeney and Audrey McClleland partnered with Rubbermaid #FreshWorksFreshness and went LIVE discussing summer produce tips and recipes. During the event Vera and Audrey whipped up a delicious Greek salad. If you missed the event you can watch on Rubbermaid's Facebook page here!
Wondering how the delicious looking salad tasted? Well now you can make your own!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Feta (4 ounces )
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- Pita chips (optional)
- Whisk together the vinegar, oregano, the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, Feta, pita chips and olives, if desired, and toss to combine.
Comment and let us know what you thought of the salad!