Refrigerator Pinwheel Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 3 dozen cookies
A colorful cookies swirled with color. The trio consists of red cinnamon, green mint, or brown chocolate.
2 1/3 c.
red and green food coloring
holiday colored sprinkles
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Add in the flour while mixing at low speed. Increase speed and mix until a dough ball forms.
3. Divide the dough into four pieces. Leave two pieces plane. Decide what type of cookies you want to make. If you want the cinnamon add in 1 t. cinnamon and 3 drops of red food coloring to each of the two remaining cookie dough pieces. To make the mint add in 1 t. mint extract and 3 drops of green food coloring and mix well. To make the chocolate add in the cocoa powder and mix well.
4. Roll out all four portions of dough on a sheet of wax paper, forming an 8 x 10 rectangle. Place the dough rectangles in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to firm up.
5. Remove from refrigerator and place one of the colored doughs on top of one of the white doughs and peel off the waxed paper. Repeat with the other colored dough and white dough. Starting at the long end, roll up each dough until it forms a log (I used the wax paper to help because my hands were causing the buttery dough to fall apart).
6. Pour the sprinkles onto a large, flat plate. Roll each of the logs in the sprinkles until they are covered completely. Wrap the logs with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (or freeze for up to 3 months).
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap. Slice into 1/4 inch slices and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire wrap. Store in an air tight container.
Add Your Comment
other recipes in baked goods
Great peanut butter cookies with just peanut butter, sugar and an egg!
Easy, fast and delicious cupcakes.
An easy ice cream cake treat!