NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
CONTEST SUBJECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. YOU MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN IN THIS CONTEST. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE CONTEST RULES.
CONTEST ENDS July 7, 2010. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Propel® Blogger Contest (the “Contest”) is an online contest open to SheSpeaks Bloggers who have been invited to participate by SheSpeaks and Pepsi-Cola Company and who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who at the time of entry are eighteen (18) years of age or older and who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering this Contest. By participating in the Contest, each Blogger unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Pepsi-Cola Company, Purchase, New York (“Sponsor”), whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Employees of SheSpeaks, Pepsi-Cola Company, its bottlers, and respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, spouse) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. TIMING: Contest starts on June 10, 2010 (_9 am PT/noon ET) and ends July 7, 2010 (9 am PT/noon ET). Judge’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Bloggers can select any two weeks between this period to host their individual blog contests to be eligible for the grand prize package. Individual blog contests will start from the time an initial challenge post has been issued by the blog and will end at the same time two weeks later. Any reader entries posted after the end date/time will not be considered valid.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Bloggers who participate in Contest, must agree to the following: (1) Yes, they agree to blog about the Propel Challenge; and (2) Yes, they understand and will comply with these rules. Enrolled members must post details about the Propel Powder challenge to create the best beverage powder recipe during the assigned contest time frame (see Timing at Rule 2). Only those reader submissions during the self- determined two-week period will be valid for judging. Bloggers should submit their blog URL , contest entry start date (date of first post) and paste or attach an excel download of all Propel Powder reader comments to email@example.com. Any Propel art/logos provided must remain intact and may not be modified in any manner. Bloggers will have editorial license to describe and conduct a contest in their own words and include general blogging guidelines. In addition, the following legal disclosures must be included:
a. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Subject to Contest guidelines. Open to U.S. residents only. Contest ends July 7. Void where prohibited.
b. If applicable: Propel® sent me Propel Powder packets with Calcium and here’s what I think. All the opinions expressed here are mine.
Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, remove, delete and/or forfeit any Blog they deem inappropriate, indecent or obscene and unsuitable for publishing or otherwise noncompliant. You are personally liable under federal and state law for your actions with respect to your Blog. Sponsor will hold you directly responsible for any claims which arise from your violation of the law, or Sponsor’s rights and by blogging you hereby agree to indemnify Sponsor and its Promotional Entities form any Liability which arises out the foregoing.
4. SUGGESTED CONTEST PROMPTS: Bloggers reserve the right to prompt their individual reader contest using their own words; however, the following prompts may be verbatim as desired:
o Propel® Powder packets with Calcium are low in calories and offer a good source of calcium, antioxidant vitamins and B vitamins in each serving. Post a Propel® Powder recipe and you could win free product from Propel®.
5. JUDGING CRITERIA: Only valid comments will be judged. The one (1) blogger that generates the winner with the winning idea will be awarded an Apple iPad. Estimated retail value $799.. Judges reserve the right to void any comments that are not submitted within the spirit of this contest and will be disqualified. The winning blogger with the best recipe will be determined during the week of July 12, 2010..
6. GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email [on or about July 19, 2010. The potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/ legal guardian if the winners have not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence), will be required to execute and return to Sponsor, within five (5) days of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) and form in order to claim his/her prize. If applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit and 1099 form within the required time period, or prize notice is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select an alternate winner. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s, name, city, state, likeness, Blog and/or prize information in connect with the Contest, worldwide including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
7. PRIZES:TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES (Valued at $799): Apple iPad. Pepsi-Cola will provide all prize packs; SheSpeaks will mail all prizes to Bloggers and readers. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit one (1) prize per name, Blog, and email/ IP address, Allow 4 weeks for delivery of prize following completion of notification process. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within the United States.
8. GENERAL RULES: Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or those of any other promotion or in unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation other Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt by made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. RELEASE: By entering this Contest and receipt of any prize, the participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. GOVERNING LAW: The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
WINNER LIST: Winner List request will only be accepted after the Contest end date on July 7, 2010. For the Winner List, send your name and complete address to: SheSpeaks – Propel Winner List, 276 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10001 Sponsor: Pepsi-Cola Company, Purchase, New York.