Dyson DC 17 Animal Vacuum Cleaner | SheSpeaks Reviews

• everimprovingme everimprovingme
    10.22.15

I really wanted to love this Dyson vacuum. I have pets. I have injuries and it is supposed to be light weight. The sad truth is this while it does work great, it is too heavy and awkward for me to maneuver. Forget about the stairs, they are just not getting done, it is too difficult to use being disabled. I would love if Dyson could make a powerful vacuum that was lightweight and very maneuverable. I wanted to love, but I ended up just disappointed.

• Shellybean126 Shellybean126
    09.26.15

this vacuum picks up dirt well and is easy to clean. However it is awkward the way it moves and a little top heavy. The hose is hard to use and was not long enough to really do any deep cleaning with and was extremely hard trying to use it on the stairs. I do not plan on ever buying another one.

• Kyrstenosborne By  Kyrstenosborne
    07.31.17

Really wanted to love this!

We have owned two of this exact vacuum in three years... and while it does have excellent suction in the beginning, having two lab mixes, the filters get clogged and it stops performing so well. We've cleaned the filters many times, but for us, this vacuum works better in the areas of the house where the dogs don't spend as much time. It also has a harder time catching hard floor pick ups... there's an extra attachment you can purchase, but for the price of the attachment it wasn't worth it. I really wanted to love this vacuum because of the hype, but sadly it just didn't work as an all in one for us.

• meganmlangton By  meganmlangton
    05.31.17

Cat Fur?? What cat fur??

This vacuum is wonderful. We have two cats and they shed like crazy! White fur every where on my dark gray carpet. After using this vacuum youd never know I had cats. Dyson makes quality products and Id highly recommend them to anyone! They do make lighter weight versions of this vacuum which i own and use on stairs and for quick tile/wood floor cleanup.

• livingsmartgirl By  livingsmartgirl
    09.07.16

Great suction!

I have this vacuum and have for a while now. I love it, except for how heavy it is and how hard it is to clean the container. Other than that I recommend it to anyone with pets. It will suck up anything!

• dgomez By  dgomez
    08.01.16

Dyson Animal easy to maintain.

I have had my Dyson Animal for 10 years. I love it. I was stumped when my first belt broke, about 9 years in....My regular vacuum seemed to require a belt much more often. I like that I don't use a bag and that it is so easy to empty (I shake the container over the compost pile) When I start to smell a little bit of a funk, just using the air compressor to blow out the tubes seems to freshen it right up.

• Scullen By  Scullen
    07.31.16

Eh.. Overrated

I'm glad to read the other reviews because I thought it was just me with the problem. It this is so hard to maneuver..l oddly enough have that problem more so on smooth hardwood floors. Sometimes I even have to lift it up and manually change direction or it'll get stuck. This is a major design flaw and worth a one star dock. The other star is lost due to the high price (meaning I expected perfection) and the fact that mine came with no user guide for the million attachments - I have to look them up online every time. Otherwise it does what it says - it's great for picking up animal hair though on Berber carpet I often have to do two pass throughs. All in all its a good vacuum but I bet there are comparable a for much less money - my shark was fine and 1/5 the price.

• Mom2ddm By  Mom2ddm
    04.24.16

Dyson DC17 Animal vacuum cleaner

This vacuum is a lifesaver! We have had it for about seven years now and still love it. We have pets with lots of fur floating and a child with allergies. This vacuum picks up the fur very well and does not kick out a lot of dust. We have never had to get it serviced as we have been able to buy replacement parts online and do it ourselves. The Dyson DC17 Animal is well worth the initial cost of the vacuum.

• Ericagirl33 By  Ericagirl33
    02.16.16

BEST VACUUM EVER. With 4 cats, this is the only thing that can keep up. There's nothing else comparable. Worth every penny.

• Gcastle By  Gcastle
    01.20.16

4 stars I believe this is a great vaccum ! Suction is amazing . set up was simple. I wish it was easier to turn and the cord was longer. Over all it's perfect !

• falu215 By  falu215
    12.16.15

It is a great vacuum! My main problem is the cost - I believe it is too much for a vacuum. I enjoy a clean floor but I believe a vacuum that costs half would be satisfying as well.

• everimprovingme By  everimprovingme