Diva Cup Model 2 | SheSpeaks Reviews

• XjemmX XjemmX
    08.09.12

I have been using my DivaCup since 2007. I was never a fan of tampons, and pads were just never comfortable or gave the right level of protection. When I was a teenager I remember seeing an ad in Seventeen or one of those magazines for the Keeper, and I knew eventually I would try something like it because I loved the idea of something reusable. Thanks to the Internet years later I was reintroduced to the idea, and found a great deal online. I have not looked back, and never will. It only took a few days to get the complete hang of, and I feel like I know myself and my cycle much better because of it. Granted, on some of my heaviest days I have to empty my cup every hour or so (even with size 2) but it is so much easier than leaking with a pad or tampon after just 30 minutes or less like I experienced before. Strangely enough I swear that when it gets full, the small air bubble from insertion moves just enough to clue me in to go check, right before any leaking occurs. This of course is a sensation I learned after a few months of use, and I'm a pro now after 5 years! On light days I can empty it and rinse it in the morning at home, then do the same before I go to bed, with absolutely no worries all day long. I LOVE it. I feel much cleaner, never dried out or irritated (aside from the few times I put it in slightly low and crooked and poked myself with the stem. Many women trim the stem for this reason.) Currently I am investigating other brands which are all over the world, because I am looking for something a little softer and without the same stem. I know many women from the menstrual cup group on LJ who became cup addicts once a variety of cups were available, especially with the brands that have different colors and styles. I have recommended this and other cups to many women, and they all fall in love with it also after years of hating their periods. Give it a shot!

• ReviewsByKay By  ReviewsByKay
    07.28.16

I absolutely love this cup. I have completely stopped using tampons. It takes practice to get the hang of using a cup but once you fully transition you will love it. Insertion is easy and it forms to each individual. I recommend changing it in the shower to prevent any mess. Very comfortable and a noticeable decrease in cramping.

• robind30 By  robind30
    07.08.16

On the fence? Don't be!

I just started using the diva cup and was very intimidated at first. It was incredibly easy to insert and remove. I didn't leak at all, even on my heaviest days. I typically wear super tampons and almost always leak over night, but not so with the diva cup. I only changed it twice a day (morning and night) and didn't notice it at all. I love this thing!

• olenkapolska16 By  olenkapolska16
    06.14.16

Save yourself the headache and money and get the Diva Cup!!!!

I started using the Diva cup when I was living in West Africa as a Peace Corps volunteer in 2010 and I wish I had known about it sooner!! When inserted properly it is comfortable to the point that I've forgotten that I have my period. After the first two days of my cycle, I can change it once a day, it is recommended to change every 12 hours, and not worry about leakage. There is a small learning curve on how to insert it properly but once you get the hang of it it is wonderful! I think about all the money I used to spend on tampons before and I love the fact that I do not have to shell out ~$14 for tampons every month! I highly recommend this and I have several friends who have tried it after I told them about it and they are now converts!

• ajsterz By  ajsterz
    08.14.15

I started using DivaCup during college, and haven't looked back! I quickly realized how clean this product made me feel during my period. It also didn't dry me out out down there as much as a tampon did. I don't have any odors and don't have to worry if I have a tampon stashed anywhere when I am out and about as it can last up to 12 hours without needing to be dealt with. I recommend this product to friends and family all the time! I save by not having to buy a box of tampons every month or so, and know that the product I am putting into my body is safe. If you are on the fence about this product - take the leap and try it!!

• Gabbin By  Gabbin
    07.13.15

It's a bit confusing/challenging to use this product at first (but hey, we all took a while to learn to insert a tampon, too!). However, it's so much more cost effective than buying all the tampons and pads and creates far less waste. This also makes the male members of my family happy because it eliminates the issue of bathroom trash odors and unpleasant sights from feminine products. Plus there's the fact that you can safely sleep with it in- biggest bonus!

• kkohlmier By  kkohlmier
    08.26.14

AMAZING! Tampons are full of chemicals and make cramps worse and leak. Pads are gross and also leak. I tried the cup being very skeptical and I love it. Its super easy to use, you can not feel it, you stay clean and dry and it does not leak. The cup also lasts for 10 years so you save tons of money while keeping all those nasty chemicals out of your body.

• Emilyburnette By  Emilyburnette
    06.18.14

This changed my entire period life! You can wear it for 12 hours and barely feel it. I am in love with this and wish I had known earlier.

• rosemaryoday By  rosemaryoday
    04.24.14

Love Diva Cup! I will never go back to pads or tampons. Why use anything else? This is the best way to manage your period, period.

• dreamash03 By  dreamash03
    03.27.14

This is the absolute only method that I will use anymore. I've been using it for a couple years and have already converted a couple people to it. It's so stress-free that you forget that you are even using it- and luckily it's not a huge scare if you do forget for a few hours.

• Lilone152 By  Lilone152
    01.09.14

If I could give more than 5 stars I would! I LOVE this product so much. I feel like my life is better now that I use it. I know that sounds over dramatic... But, it is reusable, eco and budget friendly. Nothing nasty to absorb into you, or to chafe you. It is convenient, comfortable, and long wearing. Depending on the person, you can wear it up to 12 hours! I work a job where I don't get breaks, and stand for 12 hours. This is a life-saver. I simply cannot praise this enough, or imagine my cycle without it now. (As a side note, there are a ton of brands that make these cups, shop around!)